Monday, January 7, 2008

oh lazy Sunday

Well my three part cultural weekend extravaganza was derailed. On Saturday, I managed to see Persepolis, which was just as lovely as the first time I saw it, although having English subtitles this time was a treat because my brain didn't hurt afterwards...

Today I was woken up by a series of sms messages.. confirming plans, messages of encouragement for me to get out of bed from hungry friends in Harlem. So, I hopped the metro and met up with them at Toast. It's a very cute little place just off the 125th st. stop with tasty food and drinkies (although I can't say much for their web designer)...

What began as a plan to meet up with friends, eat, chat, and drink A (indicating the idea of a single drink) bloody mary ended up being a 2 hour free for all. A plate of pain perdue with a side of bacon, a bottomless mug of coffee, a bit of cheesecake, 2 bloody marys, and a manhattan later... I ended up blowing off my plans for cultural adventure and headed back to my friend's apartment for couch loafing, Sierra Nevadas, Amy's pizza, and 2 episodes of the L Word. I would like to think that my experience was still very cultural after all... I'll call it, "urban, 30 something American culture".


Sundays are sweet :)


2 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Sounds so good ... so veryvery good. Catching up with Michelle and Ruth soon. You know you'll be there in the conversations.

xo

Mlle said...

Glimlach :) ik mis u Di