Thursday, March 13, 2008

thanks for reading

Well, I wanted to thank everyone for offering their own feedback into the idea of forbidden words. Apparently we all have our own list, and oddly enough, MOIST seems to be on the top of most. Coincidence or some strange truth to the idea that this word is horrid, rather than a good choice to describe a piece of cake!

So, here's my updated list, and I've taken the liberty of adding all of the contributions to it.

MOIST
KIOSK
JOSTLED
CAHOOTS
SHAMMY
FLAP
DRESSING GOWN - New addition with dedication to D.B.
- Apparently my list has inspired Anthony to start a band called "Shammy Flap".. sweet :)

Meghann's "historically dislikes" words ending in Y
SCABBY
SMELLY
CRUSTY
FANNY - this word's a toughie. For Americans it means your rear end, butt, ass, whatever, in the UK, if I'm not mistaken, a "fanny" is a woman's vagina. So don't say that you want to pat or grab someone's fanny to a person from the UK.
BELLY - I actually like belly
SAGGY

Colleen's word to avoid
PACKETT

Jon's list of words that he "absolutely hates"
APRICOT
TASSEL
SPACKLE
GLIB - this one makes me twitch
PRUDENT

No comments: