Friday, January 23, 2009

hello world..? I've fallen into a hole...


OK! So this is it for today.. I think I've been a wee bit over the top with the tutorial fun fests.. time for dinner, and well, since my roommate is watching the season finale of Big Brother, I suspect I'll go out for a walk... a long one.. :P

Anyway, so I just completed this tutorial at Vector Tuts for creating a page in a childrens book. It was really useful, as I used some grids and played with text a bit. Other than that, it was all vector work, building the castle, the trees and the owl. I think there's a lot more I can say about this, but I'm so tired, maybe tomorrow.

In the end, I was sort of bummed that all of my hard work was shrank into nothingness, so I made a few extra images so you can see how cute they are. I LOVE my little hibou!


So this is the "finished image" offered in the tutorial



This is my version








No comments: