Thursday, June 4, 2009

Queen's Night

I went to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs in Amsterdam on Queen's Night. There were different points throughout the show where I thought Karen O was amazing, and others not so much. This was one of the amazing times. She wore this crazy mask while performing the only song on the new album that I like, "Heads will Roll"... it was great to watch the show from the balcony and see the crowd freaking out. I'm glad I went, although I wish I'd had a nice camera because she moves so much and my little point and shoot was just struggling to capture any clear shots of Karen. In the end, I settled for blurry shots, going for the "abstract" effect.





I ate frietjes met samurai sauce at Leidse plein afterward.

This is a death trap ride. Would you go on it?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wooohooooooooo!!!!! you're back on the blog :-)
so, the yyy's concert was so so.
i can imagine that, i saw them a couple of years ago on the lowlands festival, and it's just not a band for a big stage i guess. their act fell into nothingness even though karen O's bouncing around the stage act, was looking cool as ever :-)

Mlle said...

Awww, I'm so glad that you are THAT excited! sometimes I don't realize that people could really enjoy reading the stuff that I put on here :)

The concert was okay, but yes, it's true, despite Karen O being quite stunning, there was some element missing that took them over the top.

I have to be honest and say that when I saw the Sounds earlier this year, their stage energy was way better, and a lot more unified. They played the smaller room at Paradiso, so that could have made a big difference too.

1979 semi-finalist said...

yay! you're back!

these photos are freaking amazing.