Saturday, December 13, 2008

"I'm not into politics, I'm into survival" - A. Schwarzenegger

Imagine a world where everyone drives eco-friendly cars, where they can pull into their parking space at work and plug their car in to charge, where they can park their cars along streets and pay the meter and plug in. That sounds like something out of the future to me... I was born in the 70's and my earliest memories are of my mom's Lincoln, a gas guzzlling V8. I recall pulling in to the gas station and how funny the gasoline smelled. Despite my early memories of irresponsible driving and noxious gasses, the thought of children growing up in a greener world is completely exciting. What makes me even more interested in writing this is that for once, it seems that California is leading the way towards making this dream a reality. In a world where the US is increasingly falling behind in innovation and forward thinking, this is something to really look forward to.

1 comment:

Dean said...

This should have happened in the 80s.

I suggest checking out this documentary at some point:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489037/

When you view the destruction of reliable, perfectly useful cars, then its terrible to see. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$!