Sunday, January 4, 2009

intuition

I have had some of that recently, and today I realized that it was true. Often I have these "gut feelings" about a person or situation, and I make excuses for my decision to continue with it. I don't think of myself as spiritual or superstitious at all.. but I do believe in karma and intuition. I've always said that before something happens, before we take a step left or right, before we say yes or no to a job, to a relationship, whatever it is.. we know what the right answer is already, BUT often we fail to consciously recognize it.

What I find most intriguing, is that as human beings we have this enormous ability to sense what others are thinking and feeling - not unlike an animal who can sense fear or danger. I'm surprised that we often dismiss these feelings of unease and foreboding as if they're unjustified. We choose to focus on what we want, and not the fact that we know already that it is not a good idea to pursue.

in⋅tu⋅i⋅tion –noun

1. direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate
apprehension.

2. a fact, truth, etc., perceived in this way

3.
a keen and quick insight

4.
the quality or ability of having such direct perception or quick insight

In Philosophy
a. an immediate cognition of an object not inferred or determined by a previous cognition of the
same truth

b. any object or truth so discerned

c. pure, untaught, non-inferential knowledge


No comments: