Friday, January 16, 2009

back to reality

I've been pulled back into the media today, reading and watching videos about Gaza. Here, a media researcher who works for Oxfam and lives in Gaza writes:

"The news is getting more and more horrific as the situation here deteriorates. The latest report, I saw (
via Di), was of a child clutching on to her dead parent's bodies for four days before anyone was able to come to her rescue, dogs are starting to eat the corpses that no one has been able to bury.

This reality does not seem to be reaching some parts of... Read More the world. Is it censored because people cannot cope with the truth of what is happening to us? If the truth did get out, would it make a difference?"

I have to be honest, I don't know.. I don't know what it would take... but if posting here and on Facebook, and in the inboxes of my friends and family might effect one person's ability to see this from the other perspective, then I'll keep doing it.



No comments: